When we returned from Vegas the plan was for Ryder (who had been hanging out with Gram & Grandpa while I was in Vegas) and I to drive back to LG. I had about 5 days before I needed to be back over in Cannon Beach for work. The weather was getting so bad that we decided to just head to Cannon Beach early and not risk getting stuck in LG and missing out on being in Cannon Beach for work. That meant that Tay and Ryan would have to survive another week on their own! At that point Ryder and I had already been gone for one week so it was a hard decision.
Ryan and Tay did AMAZING. Ryan had to balance taking Tay to and from school, ballet, tap, cheer camp, play dates AND keep up with work. He did so great with Tay and I even got texts from Taylor's teacher about how great Ryan was doing with getting Tay dressed and her hair done! This picture is Tay all dressed up for Western Day. Oh and yes, those braids are Ryan's work! It was so hard for me to be away from Tay and miss out on all her fun activities...especially cheer camp. I died when I realized I had to miss camp and the performance! Thank God for FaceTime and pictures!
Meanwhile, while Ryder and I were in Cannon Beach...it decided to snow...like crazy. I lived in Cannon Beach for 21 years and I have never seen snow like this before!
The main reason I needed to be at the coast was to receive a huge truck of furniture that I had ordered for a client. Of course with weather like this, the truck was delayed for days...which meant so were we. Thankfully we eventually received the truck and then after the weather cleared...we made it home safely.
It only took 17 days.
That is just life in the big.




No comments:
Post a Comment